For application producers, the year 2014 brought many new opportunities—such as developing installations for cloud and virtual environments, as well as ongoing challenges like bringing products to market faster while delivering a seamless, contemporary customer experience, whether developing Windows installers or multi-platform installers. And as we saw in the blog posts, even as we look ahead to the future, it's the nuts-and-bolts details of building installations that keep our blog readers coming back for more. Below are the top 10 most-read InstallTalk blog posts of all time.
Top 10 Most-Read InstallTalk Blogs
- Using InstallShield to Create an Installation that Installs Windows Services
- Building 32-Bit and 64-Bit Installations from the Same InstallShield Project
- Using Active Setup to Repair User Settings
- Using MSI Launch Conditions to Prevent Installation on Unsupported Windows Platforms
- Cleaning Up Your Shared DLLs Registry References for MSIs
- InstallShield 2012 Spring Service Pack 1 is Now Available
- You Again: Understanding Windows Installer (MSI) Self-Repair
- Be Seeing You: Detecting Installed Products
- Getting Started with InstallShield Automation and Ruby
- Setting Permissions in Windows Installer: MSILockPermissionsEX and ISLockPermissions
Coming Soon to InstallTalk: Top Installation Videos of 2014.
InstallShield® is the world's leading Windows installation development solution. InstallShield is designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer MSI installations for desktop, server, Web, virtual and traditional applications. The software installer of choice for today's sophisticated application producers, InstallShield is the only software installer that can directly convert MSIs to Microsoft App-V virtual packages. Get your free trial of InstallShield today or contact us for more information.
InstallAnywhere is the leading multiplatform development solution for application producers who need to deliver a professional and consistent cross installation experience for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From a single project file and build environment, InstallAnywhere creates reliable installations for on-premises platforms – Windows, Linux, Apple OS X, Solaris, AIX , HP-UX, and IBM iSeries – and enables you to take existing and new software products to a virtual and cloud infrastructure. Get your free trial of InstallAnywhere or contact us for more information.