Revenera Solutions for Network Equipment Providers
Business Models Under Pressure
Network equipment providers’ core business model is under pressure due to a combination of business and technology trends that make maintaining status quo a luxury few can afford.
Technology trends impacting network providers include:
- Increasing software intellectual property (IP) in physical products.
- Mainstreaming of virtualization technology.
- The ability to decouple software from hardware.
- An increasing desire for service providers and enterprises to transition from using custom hardware to generic, commercial off the shelf (COTS) hardware powered by software.
Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Network are two of the more dramatic technology shifts impacting network equipment providers.
Business trends impacting network providers include:
- Pressures from service provider and enterprise customer segments to reduce costs.
- Demand for flexible buying and consumption models that involve a combination of capital and operating expenses (Capex and Opex).
- The advent of smaller, nimbler competitors that are looking to capitalize on the technology trends to leapfrog incumbents.
HOW WE HELP
A successful response to these challenges is dependent on the competitive position of the network equipment provider - their product strength, domain expertise, breadth of product portfolio, relationship with customers and channel partners and the ability to provide an integrated solution.
That said, the five considerations outlined below are fundamental to the way network equipment providers need to adapt to stay competitive and be profitable. And it’s in these core areas that Revenera excels:
- Managing Business Model Complexity
- Developing Software Pricing Strategies and Capabilities
- Capitalizing on Software Maintenance
- Orchestrating the Physical and Digital Supply Chain
- Protecting Software IP
RESOURCES & SUCCESS STORIES
Profiting from the Transition to Physical + Digital Solutions
Network equipment providers’ core business model is under pressure due to a combination of business and technology trends impacting the telecommunications industry. This white paper…
Networking & Telecom Equipment Manufacturers
Redefine your business and supply chain models to get ready for NFV and SDN.
Open Source Security and Compliance
Revenera uses FlexNet Code Insight to manage open source risk. Read this success story and learn more about Revenera’s “Get Clean, Stay Clean” approach to Software Composit…