Teradici Drives Growth Through Move to Subscription Model
Flexibility for Customers and Recurring Revenue Are Key
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP® remote display protocol, which delivers desktops and workstations from the data center or public cloud to end users with the highest levels of security, responsiveness, and fidelity.
- Transition to subscription software business model
- Improve order processing
- Increase operational efficiencies
- Offer ecommerce channel
- Implement a flexible licensing system across multiple products
- Centralize entitlement management to enable automation and data gathering
- Integrations with Salesforce.com and cleverbridge ecommerce platform
- Year-over-year, triple digit business growth by moving from one-time hardware payments to recurring revenue software subscriptions
- Cut order processing time in half and increased the accuracy of orders
- Automation of order fulfillment process and improved renewal process
- Real-time fulfillment through ecommerce channel
BUSINESS MODEL TRANSFORMATION - FROM HARDWARE TO SOFTWARE SUBSCRIPTIONS
Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP® (PC-over-IP) remote display protocol, which delivers desktops and workstations from the data center or public cloud to end users with the highest levels of security, responsiveness, and fidelity. Teradici CAS remoting software powers the most secure remote solutions with unparalleled performance for even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici technology is trusted by leading media companies, design houses, financial firms and government agencies and is deployed to more than 15 million users around the world.
Teradici began as a hardware company, offering workstation cards that enabled customers to harness the power of high-performance towers, blade servers, or rack workstations by converting them into a workstation that delivers high-end images to any remote location over affordable IP networks.
As CPUs and GPUs became more robust, the company was able to port its solution to run on software, and decided that a software subscription model would yield more flexibility for customers, recurring revenue and greater growth opportunities than a one-time hardware sales model.
CHOOSING THE BEST SOLUTION
Teradici was looking for a licensing solution that provided flexible licensing models and the ability to track the number of users or gather other analytics necessary to meet customer needs and scale the company’s monetization efforts.
After considering a wide range of commercial solutions, Teradici selected Revenera’s licensing solution for its PCoIP Management Console, enabling IT administrators to easily manage, monitor and scale PCoIP Zero Clients and Remote Workstation Cards. Teradici also selected Revenera’s licensing solution for Teradici CAS, the company’s flagship end-to-end remoting solution. Revenera’s entitlement management solution is central to Teradici’s software monetization efforts, automatically managing both the provisioning process and interaction with the licensing technology used in its software products.
Teradici views Revenera as a trusted advisor. “For businesses like ours that are trying to expand and grow, Revenera has solutions ready for us to implement to support our software monetization efforts. We don’t have to reinvent the wheel or create something new. As the market has changed, Revenera has kept pace and is ready with best practices for implementation,” said Tapan Mohanti, VP, Operations & Manufacturing.
WIN-WIN: FLEXIBILITY AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS DELIVER GROWTH
Teradici’s customers have a wide range of remote desktop needs—in-office, remote and hybrid—to keep teams productive while ensuring an organization’s data and content never leave their secure data centers. Likewise, having local and cloud licensing servers has helped customers balance their needs whether they are working in the office or from home. Revenera also helps to streamline processes around offline activations for Teradici’s government customers. “The flexibility of the licensing model is one of Revenera’s greatest benefits that has helped our business. We’re able to use the same licensing and entitlement management in a wide range of scenarios that our customers demand,” said Mohanti.
This flexibility has been especially valuable for media and entertainment customers that need to keep media stored securely and centrally but often have cross-functional teams, contractors, and vendor-partners around the world sharing and collaborating on files. Customers in other vertical markets have also been able to leverage this flexibility, especially during the pandemic with so many employees working from home.
Revenera’s entitlement management solution yielded significant process improvements for the company:
- Integration and automation with Salesforce.com cut order processing time by half and increased the accuracy of orders
- Customers gained the flexibility to manage their own licenses through Revenera’s customer entitlement management portal
- An accelerated fulfillment process through the integration of the entitlement management system with a cleverbridge- hosted ecommerce store, serving the needs of customers who want a smaller number of licenses and those who want to buy a single license to have a supported trial experience
“The whole Revenera ecosystem has helped us make processes more efficient and accurate and we’re able to run the business more smoothly,” said Mohanti. Data from Revenera’s entitlement management solution is being leveraged across the organization:
- Product Management can examine different aspects of usage to enhance the product and meet customers’ needs
- Customer Support has visibility into what is happening within an account, tracking licenses at certain points in time
- Sales can see what renewals are coming up, address churn risk and automate the process of sending renewal notices
Teradici’s move to subscription has driven its triple digit recurring revenue growth and increased the value of the company. The company’s growth and strengths were recognized in July 2021 when HP Inc. announced an agreement to acquire Teradici to meet growing customer needs for more mobile, flexible, and secure computing solutions.
“Revenera offered the out-of-the-box solutions and integrations we needed to support our business model,” said Mohanti. “The transition from a hardware to software model was a learning process and we looked to Revenera for best practices. We’re benefiting from its experience in the industry as we continue to grow our business and do more with its software monetization platform.”
Revenera offered the out-of-the-box solutions and integrations we needed to support our business model. The transition from a hardware to software model was a learning process and we looked to Revenera for best practices. We’re benefiting from its experience in the industry as we continue to grow our business and do more with its software monetization platform.
TAPAN MOHANTI VP OPERATIONS & MANUFACTURING, TERADICI