Flexera Software Partners with Zuora to Provide Integrated Commerce, Billing, Finance and Compliance Management
Application producers can now implement usage-based, "trust-but-verify" software licensing models and leverage Zuora's capabilities for end-to-end commerce, billing and subscription management
Schaumburg, IL - December 12, 2012 Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, today announced a partnership with Zuora, the subscription commerce, billing, and finance leader.
The partnership will enable application producers leveraging Flexera Software's recently announced compliance management solution, which supports usage-based, trust-but-verify software licensing models, to automate customer billing through integration with Z-Business, Zuora's leading subscription management platform. The integration is designed to provide the missing link in usage-based billing environments so application providers can automate the verification, billing and accounting of customer usage.
Increasingly application producers are offering more flexible, usage-based license models to address customer demands that cost be tied to software consumption. Usage-based pricing also generates new revenue streams by enabling flexible licensing options to different market segments. Flexera Software's market-leading compliance management solution gives application producers flexibility to implement any software licensing model across the entire spectrum - from strict enforcement to usage-based, trust-but-verify.
However, while compliance management solution delivers granular usage data that can be sent to a billing system for invoicing - not all application producers have the ecommerce infrastructure to implement usage-based licensing models. With Z-Business, producers can take online orders and process credit cards with PCI compliance via leading payment gateways, right from their applications.
"Zuora is the clear market leader in consumption-based, subscription billing, commerce and finance," said Mathieu Baissac, Vice President of Product management at Flexera Software. "Our combined solutions will allow our customers to offer turnkey, usage-based billing services for their software."
"Teaming with Flexera Software, the leader in software licensing, entitlement management and delivery, means more application producers can shift their business faster to the subscription economy," said Brian Bell, Zuora CMO. "Together, Flexera Software and Zuora address the top concern of application producers transitioning to usage-based consumption models - monetizing and protecting their intellectual property."
Flexera Software's compliance management solution is built upon FlexNet Licensing and FlexNet Operations On-Demand, which are part of the FlexNet Producer Suite. FlexNet Producer Suite is comprised of:
- FlexNet Licensing: Empowers application producers to combat software piracy and increase revenues by easily enabling new pricing, packaging and software licensing models. It supports the full software licensing spectrum, from strict enforcement to usage-based trust but verify.
- FlexNet Operations: The most comprehensive entitlement management solution empowers software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers to support new revenue models easily and efficiently while streamlining and automating complex back-office processes.
- FlexNet Connect: Automates business processes, lowers operational cost and increases customer satisfaction through electronic delivery of software updates, patches, data and messages directly to end-users' systems without IT involvement.
Learn more about Flexera Software FlexNet Producer Suite
- FlexNet Licensing
- FlexNet Operations
- FlexNet Connect
- Read our blog on Entitlement & Compliance Management
- FlexNet Producer Suite Success Stories
- Related Flexera Software Webinars
- Entitlement & Compliance Management White Papers
Revenera helps product executives build better products, accelerate time to value and monetize what matters. Revenera's leading solutions help software and technology companies drive top line revenue with modern software monetization, understand usage and compliance with software usage analytics, empower the use of open source with software composition analysis and deliver an excellent user experience—for embedded, on-premises, cloud and SaaS products. To learn more, visit www.revenera.com.
For More Information, Contact: