Trend Micro Taiwan
Publishes updates faster with InstallShield Concurrent Licensing
As a 25-year global leader in IT security, Trend Micro Taiwan, Inc. develops innovative security solutions that make the world safe for businesses and consumers to exchange digital information, providing server security, cloud security, and small business content security.
- Increase speed to update anti-virus drivers and applications • Create installers 10 times a day to support frequent updates • Coordinate development teams across different time zones in Asia and North America
- With InstallShield Professional concurrent licensing, the company sees a significant increase in installation development speed and customer satisfaction.
- Trend Micro is also upgrading to InstallShield Premier and increasing users of the concurrent licenses
- Reduction in package preparation time by more than 50%
- Significant increase in speed to publish dates
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Enhanced market competitiveness
SPEED ESSENTIAL WHEN CREATING 10 INSTALLERS A DAY
Trend Micro Taiwan security protects end users on any device and secures networks against breaches from targeted attacks. The company delivers top-ranked client-server, network, and cloud-based protection that stops new threats faster, detects breaches better, and protects data in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. It is crucial to the success of Trend Micro that they update and publish their application and driver at an unrivaled speed.
Before adopting InstallShield concurrent licensing, the team faced a speed challenge. The process of updating installers for drivers and applications was slow due to:
- Creation of installers more than 10 times on a daily basis, resulting in a considerable regular workload
- Time zone challenges created difficulties coordinating input from developers across North America and Asia
- Lack of an automated installation development tool that provided robust features
MAXIMUM SPEED AND EFFICIENCY ACHIEVED
After using InstallShield and its concurrent licensing model, the company R&D team significantly decreased software package preparation time and dramatically increased the speed to publish software updates.
“After using InstallShield and its concurrent licensing model, our R&D team could decrease software package preparation time by more than 50%. In the meantime, the speed to publish updates for our software has also increased significantly. InstallShield and its concurrent licensing model have indeed saved much of our team’s time and helped to greatly increase our efficiency,” said Mr. Chang, senior manager of ETS Department, Trend Micro.
The concurrent licensing model also offered very practical value for the team since it allowed multiple users across different locations to access InstallShield simultaneously. As a result, the team can access the license without limitation of time, location, and other inconveniences. Team members can simply choose their own preferred time to use InstallShield without the hassles of waiting in a queue for their turn to come. The result is a more flexible schedule and improvement of speed to complete work. The improved efficiency has also boosted the company’s confidence that they could enhance their market competitiveness and customer satisfaction.
After using InstallShield and its concurrent licensing model, our R&D team could decrease software package preparation time by more than 50%. In the meantime, the speed to publish updates for our software has also increased significantly. InstallShield and its concurrent licensing model has indeed saved much of our team’s time and helped to greatly increase our efficiency.
MR. CHANG SENIOR MANAGER OF ETS DEPARTMENT, TREND MICRO
BENEFITS TO NETAPP FROM USING INSTALLSHIELD
NetApp has realized three main benefits from switching from WiX to InstallShield:
- Significant time savings: Rajesh estimates that NetApp can now build their installations 70% faster with InstallShield than with WiX.
- Reliable installations that meet complex requirements: InstallShield provides NetApp with the tools they need to meet even their most complex installation requirements.
- Lower end-user support costs: By using InstallShield make their solutions easy to install, NetApp estimates that they have cut installation-related end-user support calls by up to 80%, which translates into significant cost savings.
“We are very happy with choosing InstallShield over WiX,” Rajesh concludes. “InstallShield gives us the tools we need to build our installations today, and we know it will continue to innovate to meet our installation needs down the road.”