Macrovision Ships New Version of InstallShield Express
Schaumburg, IL - September 7, 2006 Macrovision announced a new version of its FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition, Macrovision's quickest and easiest installation solution for creating Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) installations.
Who: Macrovision Corporation
What: New version of FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition.
With Express 12's support for the latest beta of Microsoft Windows Vista, Installation developers, application developers, and development managers of any skill level can create a professional installation experience as they "Get Ready for Vista."
FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition offers support for the latest Microsoft technologies such as Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphones and Visual Studio 2005, and is available simultaneously in English, German and Japanese editions to offer developers the flexibility to develop in their own language.
"Get Ready for Vista" support includes:
- Ability to scan InstallShield-created MSI installers to test for compatibility with new Vista capabilities
- User Account Control (UAC) support and digital signature enhancements provide improved security for the software installation.
- Support for minimizing reboots through the Restart Manager infrastructure—fewer steps, faster installation.
Updated support for new Microsoft Technologies:
- Visual Studio 2005 Support
- Pocket PC Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows CE
- .NET 2.0 Support
- .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and Other Mobile Device Redistributables Now Available
- Expanded Digital Signing for Mobile Devices
- .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual J# 2.0 Support
- Microsoft Build Engine (MSBuild) Support
- MSBuild-Compatible XML Format Project File
When: FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition is currently available.
Revenera helps product executives build better products, accelerate their time to market and monetize what matters. Revenera’s leading solutions help software and technology companies drive top line revenue with modern software monetization, understand usage and compliance with software usage analytics, empower the use of open source with software composition analysis and deliver an excellent user experience—for embedded, on-premises, cloud and SaaS products. To learn more, visit www.revenera.com.